We use maximal effort with our legs to elevate the bar and explosively shrug our shoulders to get under the bar and with maximum speed.
Practice shrugging under the bar with tall cleans and tall snatches.
Tall snatch / tall clean pointers:
- Feet start in pulling position
- Bar rests at arms’ length
- Flex glutes
- Elevate chest and shoulders (shrug)
- Extend up on toes (plantar flexion)
- Explosively drop UNDER the bar (drive butt straight down and move feet into landing position)
- Sit DOWN in squat position (chest and shoulders stay elevated)